Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Shirl Milete - Shirl Milete

I've been meaning to post this one up but haven't done so because I couldnt find the LP to scan the cover so today while looking for another album I spotted it and decided to go forth upon my mission. I couldnt find much information about Shirl Milete but I do know that the LP was recorded in Nashville and was released in 1969 on Poppy Records. Shirl is very similar to the man in black Johnny Cash and I would describe this album as a crossover of country and soul for the most part. Shirl did write half of the songs on the album and several songs are composed by Townes Van Zandt along with a Dylan and Elvis cover, Definitely worth a listen if you are a fan of Johnny Cash and I also gathered that one of the songs was featured on a Country Soul compilation at some point.

Original Vinyl rip @ VBR LAME MP3 with covers
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wiXhZls7zo&feature=related

    check out some of these shirl songs

    ReplyDelete