Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Merle Haggard - My Farewell To Elvis


A new post to celebrate my birthday coming up on January 8th the same day as the King Elvis Presley so with that I figured I would go ahead and post this album which was a birthday gift from a good friend last year. This is Merle Haggard's tribute to Elvis and is all covers of songs best known by The King except for "From Graceland To The Promised Land" which Haggard penned himself. This album seems to have been released on CD at some point with different artwork but seems to be out of print these days. Elvis died Aug. 16 1977 and with a little searching I found out this album was produced, recorded and on the shelves before Christmas of '77. It also utilized top Nashville session players instead of Haggard's band The Strangers. Personally certain circumstances and individuals lead my girlfriend and I to believe Elvis is still alive in the town we are currently living in here in TN but we may never know the truth.

Enjoy!

320kbps original vinyl rip with jacket art.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late, but Happy Birthday. I hope that you had a good one. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete