Monday, December 21, 2009

Rotary Connection - Peace


A little something for the Christmas season. This is the first of two albums I will be posting for the Holidays. The second is more for fun but more on that in the days to come. Roatary Coneection - Peace (1968) could quite possibly be the only psychedelic soul Christmas album ever released. Rotary Connection is one of my favorites and for those that don't know the group at the time included a little known and another favorite vocalist of mine Minnie Ripperton (Mariah's got nothing on Minnie when it comes to hittin' the high notes.). Obviously by the front and back covers the message of psychedelia is apparent for this Christmas gem. I know its been reissued on CD at one point and not sure about the vinyl. Found this at a local thrift and didn't realize what it was at first as I never knew about this album and almost passed it up because of the water damaged sleeve while flipping thru the stack. Luckily the Santa with the pipe caught my eye and one quick look I knew I scored and was hoping for the best for the LP inside. Definitely worth the $1 price tag and definitely worth sharing as I believe this is becoming my favorite Christmas album which can be listened too all year long.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

MP3 320kbps with covers

1 comment:

  1. Many Thanks... can't wait to "spin" this up!

    ReplyDelete